Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend at the Beach and Clean Eating Plans

This is my 100th post! Blogging has seriously changed my life--and my weight loss journey, and I have no intentions of stopping now :)

This weekend, as most of you know, S and I spent Thursday night through Sunday at the beach. It was our one year wedding anniversary on Saturday and we spent it in the same town we got engaged. It was a great weekend with alot of laughs and memories, and boy I love that man of mine!

Sidenote: I am a horrible wife and apparently made up a conversation in my head that we decided not to do gifts since we were spending money on a trip. S got me a little something so I quickly scrambled to get him something. My amazing husband did his research and found out year one's anniversary gift is paper. Since it was just something small, he thoughtfully bought me two magazines and Jillian Michael's book to read on the beach! That man knows me well, and he scored major brownie points for that one..

And uhhh..remember that post I did on IG about eating healthy at the beach? Did it happen? Well, about 20%, sure. I ate boiled eggs, grapes (made the Pinterest recipe mixing grapes and jello powder...FAIL) and a protein bar on the beach. What did I eat for dinners though? Lord, you don't even want to know. This happened:
(Photo posted with S's full cooperation..)


And this happened:


And I won't go into details about the rest. It was all bad. I drank a ton of water and swam and did some walking. Am I gonna let it get me down, no. Do I wish I had done better? Of course. I am proud to say, though, that I weigh 30 pounds less than I did last time we visited this beach. I even wore a bikini, and felt mostly comfortable about it. This is a definite first. Big big step.

Thank you Jesus for a new day! We got home around lunchtime today and unpacked before heading out to get groceries for the week. Starting tomorrow AM, S and I are eating clean 100% of the time, with one scheduled cheat meal per week. We have been eating clean some of the time, with way more than one cheat meal mixed in. I researched, planned and prepped, and will follow a strict meal plan throughout the week. I've followed this plan before and it's worked for me TREMENDOUSLY. This is the gist of it:

M1: 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites & 1 serving complex carb

M2: Fruit and 1 tbsp. Natural PB or small serving diced potatoes mixed with egg whites and salsa.

M3: 1 serving protein, 1 small serving complex carb, vegetable

M4: Quest bar or fruit with PB if I don't have it for M2

M5: 1 serving protein, unlimited vegetables

M6: If I am up for 3 hours after my last meal, I'll have eggwhites
       (Normally I'm not lol...)


These are the things I'll alternate:
Proteins-grilled chicken, ground turkey, fish, shrimp, lean beef (on occasion)
Complex carbs- quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, Ezekiel bread, potatoes (in moderation)
Fruit-apples, bananas (in moderation), fresh pineapple
Vegetables-green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, etc.

I'll be posting a ton more photos of what I eat on Instagram and posting recipes as I try them. This week's cheat meal is already planned, because my brothers are coming into town and they're having a huge crawfish boil. Can't pass up crawfish, but I can pass up drinking and all the carby goodness that comes with the crawfish. 

Operation Red Bikini ends next month...who's ready? Tomorrow, I'll post some info about an ORB Jillian Michael's challenge for next month with a bunch of hot mamas. Stay tuned!

And even though I'm back from paradise and now in the real world, coming home hasn't been all that bad. This arrived:



And our littlest neighbor kind of missed us.

10 comments:

  1. yay! you're back and jumping on the JM challenge! Can't wait to see your pics of what you eat this week, we were out of town this weekend too and it's so hard to order a salad at a baseball game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic is so adorable! She is so excited to see you guys. I spent a ton of time at Alex Box stadium this weekend and yeah eating there you have no healthy options. So meat pies happened! It's ok as long as you don't beat yourself up too much over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad y'all had a great time at the beach! We're going for Mother's Day weekend & I've already tried to figure out ways to pack healthy snacks but allow room for some "fun" food & drinks too. You have an amazing attitude! You just got back & already have your clean meals planned out! Looking forward to seeing pics of your meals and recipes! Keep up the fantastic work. You're such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th blog post! And happy anniversary! I think it is sooo sweet that he got you such a thoughtful gift! I wish all men understood that one thoughtful gift trumps any expensive gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I wouldn't have even planned eating healthy while at the beach, so you already had awesome intentions!! Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time at the beach! It isn't vaca unless you live a little an cheat in eating right?? I just ordererd another box of those bars I am officially obssessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I want to go to the beach so bad!! So jealous! ... Glad you had a good time though =) Curious about this JM challenge - haven't heard anything about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were on vacation so there's a reason for the unhealthy eating. I stayed home and ate way worse than that... what's my excuse? You are right, tho. Here's to a new day! Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant wait to see what you cook up :) Im joining the challenge too - blogging about it tomorrow - the hubs and I were going to do it anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 1 year anniversary and 100th blog post!! Sounds like you had a great time at the beach. Good luck with the clean eating, it looks like a good plan to follow!

    ReplyDelete