Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Funday: NSV's all ova this place

Happy Monday, ya'll! I no longer dread Mondays because I finally have a job that I love going to. Life is good! Other than that, things have been business as usual.

A quick recap of this weekend in pictures:


 Yeah, we eat crawfish alot. Cajun through and through! I always have the calories for it so I'm good:)

 I think I'm shrinking! Left photo taken a few months ago. I encourage everyone to take progress photos Sometimes you don't see changes unless you see a side by side comparison.

S and I have been working out like mad people and it's paying off! I have two non-scale victories from the weekend/today to talk about. First off, yesterday after a baby shower for a friend, I did a little shopping, looking for some pants for work. You know how the harsh lights and mirrors of a dressing room always make you feel 10x worse about your body? For the first time in a long time ever, I didn't feel like crap undressing in a dressing room. I have a long way to go but I am finally noticing my progress and I am satisfied with the rate I'm going. I'm also down two pants sizes from when I was at my highest weight! Next stop, size 6. I feel like it is so within reach. A few months ago, I would've laughed at the thought. Even my spandex work out capris are getting loose. Holla for a dolla skinny boo boos!

Next NSV, my favorite dessert. Ya'll know "dirt cake"? Or cookies 'n cream? Basically every grocery store around here has some variation. It's basically a white fluffy pudding/whipped cream mix with crushed up oreos and unicorns and glitter. Amazing. It's my favorite and I could eat that shit in bulk. Today, I went to buy a bag of lettuce at a store near work (Yes, for real. The bag I bought yesterday was already bad. F!). Sitting right there was a large tub of cookies n cream goodness. I would never buy a pint size container and sit and eat it at work even though I'd love nothing more, but they also had small, single serving sizes. Normally, I'd have snatched up one of these suckers and shoved it down my throat. But guess what? I didn't. And I lived. I felt glorious and my ass and Beyonce booty (wishful thinking) are thanking me currently.

In other news, today we worked out chest and tris and I  am exhausted. My supa fly leopard print lifting gloves are so cute, and I'm not afraid to push myself anymore because it "hurts". Gym life is good these days! The scale is moving slow but I am seeing major changes in my body so I'll take it. I am still not running outdoors since my injury but I will be getting fitted for new running shoes this week and starting back very soon.

Operation Red Bikini in full effect. It's gonna happen.  I'm finally sure of it!


19 comments:

  1. I love Vietnamese food! And we boiled crawfish this weekend too! Yum!!

    Congrats on your NSV! Yay for smaller pant sizes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH SO PROUD OF YOU! Lifting changes your body like crazy! You're doing so great. bring on the bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look good, girlfriend! I have a weakness for sweets at the grocery store. Ours sells individual pieces of birthday cake, caramel cake, etc. They are sooo wrong for that but I haven't bought any all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look GREAT! Definitely seeing the results!! (I agree about progress pics since it's not always about the scale.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dirt cake is awesome! Congrats on your NSVs! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those NSVs are super awesome :) Your whole outlook has changed, it's so contagious :) Cant wait to see more progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up! And go girl for not caving in to the sweets. That is so hard to do sometimes! You definitely look smaller. Thanks for the motivation! :)
    P.S. I am from Louisiana too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will take two smaller sizes over a change in the scale anyday! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look awesome! I can definitely tell that you are shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome! Definitely shrinking and I see a difference. P.S. whereeeeee did you get that phone cover? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you are looking awesome!! Congrats on the NSV's!!! I would be happy with a smaller size over the scale moving anyday!! Great job girl...Keep it up!!!! Omgsh Dirt Cake is sinfully good!! Saying no sometimes is so hard to do but when you do you feel like you've accomplished something huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are shrinking girl!! Congrats!!

    http://footballbeachmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, look at that hard work paying off :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're definitely shrinking!! You're doing an amazing job! Great NSV passing up that dirt cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are looking so good Kassie! Love your workout gloves and that score of a Nike shirt. Way to be at the grocery! That's always my worst temptation at the grocery store too. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fab!! I just heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are doing AWESOME! I can really tell the difference in the side-by-side pics. holla!!!! thanks for motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the lifting gloves are SO cute! and thank you for posting such honest 'before and after' type photos.. its legitimately motivational to me and your progress is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete