Monday, September 24, 2012

More weekend, less Mondays

Well here we are at Monday again. I don’t know about you, but my weekends fly by WAY too fast, as it usually does. We had a lot going on this weekend, so I feel like I still haven’t had a chance to relax. That’s what next weekend is for though!
Friday was a rest day for me, gym-wise.  I was still worn out from my 3-mile “run” on Thursday with the running group I just joined. My husband and I went to dinner because we knew that would be the only time we’d have to spend together alone all weekend.
 
Saturday morning, Leigh Ann and I decided to meet up at 7:30 to go for our 2.5 mile run that was next up on our 10k training plan. I have to say, this run was SO MUCH BETTER than Thursday’s. I know Friday’s post about that run was super negative, but that’s how I felt at the time. It is what it is, people!

Saturday’s run wasn’t nearly as bad, though. We did our stretching exercises then took up at the same time. We knew our pace would be very different because Leigh Ann runs like a gazelle and I run more like a wooly mammoth, but we followed the same path. I think running alone with my music made it so much easier for me to focus on my breathing and not worry about what the other runners were doing. That’s what messed me up Thursday. I wasn’t mentally prepared. When other people stop to walk, that doesn’t mean I have to stop to walk. I ran for a long while without stopping this time, and only walked when I absolutely had to. My pace was about 3 minutes faster than Thursday’s run!  Towards the end, I decided to run till I was done, no stopping. Well bless Leigh Ann’s heart, she came back for me. If not, I probably would’ve stopped again. But I saw her smiling face running towards me to bring me a towel. We ran back together so I finished strong. A much better feeling than Thursday’s finish. After our run, we stretched again then did this ab workout from Pinterest:

Burning Core Pyramid
50 crunches
50 crunches
40 mountain climbers
30 side crunches
20 in and outs
10 scissors
20 in and outs
30 side crunches
40 mountain climbers
50 crunches

Yall. This is my new ab routine. I am still sore two days later. Amaaaazing. I will be a Victoria’s Secret model in no time.

 

After our workout, I headed home to shower and eat something then ran around the rest of the day like a chicken with my head cut off. We planned to have friends over and cook at home so I needed groceries. I also waxed my eye brows, got a new batch of protein bars and made a trip to Hobby Lobby for Halloween décor. After that was all done, I did three loads of laundry, washed some dishes and cleaned like the President was coming over.

My husband was in a class for work most of the day, so he didn’t start cooking till around 4:30.

I wanted to have something out for everyone to snack on while the food was being cooked so instead of my usual chips and dips, I put out this tray:
 
I was kind of afraid no one would eat it so I planned to take the leftovers as snacks to work all week. WRONG! It was a hit and I had to refill it twice.  *pats myself of the back*

Sunday morning I woke up with my husband at 6 because he had another class to go to and he is the loudest person I’ve ever met. Once he’s up, there’s no sleeping in.  Love him anyway though, loud and all! After his class we met up at his neice’s third birthday party.  She’s going to be a big sister in October, so this was a big birthday for her-last one as an only child! Speaking of October, check out my new October/fall decor. I made those apothocary jars myself!( thanks Pinterest) I'll switch out the contents for Christmas and Mardi Gras so I can leave them out.
 

The rest of Sunday was spent cleaning up from the night before and reading The LolaPapers. I was SO tired from the whole weekend that we went to bed before 10.

 
This morning was my two mile run.  Not my best but it’s done and out of the way.  I didn’t have a route picked out, I just ran in my neighborhood. Womp womp. It was so foggy this morning, I didn’t want to venture out too far and get my a** run over! This was my view when I got started. It was so thick!
 

 Another two miles under my belt!
 
Now that I've babbled on and on, I'll end this post with a picture of my breakfast on the run, grapes, wheat & flax pita, ff cheese, turkey bacon and egg whites:
 
 

14 comments:

  1. That ab workout scares me, maybe I should try it. Also your fall decor is so cute and that breakfast looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! It was scary but that's why it works lol
      Give it a shot, I am expecting great results!

      Delete
  2. Awesome girl. I love your new decorations - so cute and Hobby Lobby is such a fun place. Turkey bacon... yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love me some Hobby Lobby but if I'm not careful, I could spend every dime I make in that placE! lol

      Delete
  3. I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY!!! And now I want cheese and grapes in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet Kassie! I LOVE the way your decorations turned out! Did you get the canisters at Hobby Lobby too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP..only $4 and I had a coupon. The only thing that didn't come from there was the ribbon. It was a pain to make them, I'll be honest. But I'm still happy about how they turned out!

      Delete
    2. FOUR dollars???!?!??! I need to do some shopping with you!

      Delete
  5. glad your run turned out better today! good job and keep it up. Also your breakfast looks great...or im just hungry....i think both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to try that ab workout! Leigh Ann always posts fun workouts, too. And your little pumpkin decorations look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your run! I am trying so hard to like running! My SIL even shipped me her BOB jogging stroller so now I have no excuses!

    LOVE your apothecary jars! I may need to go follow you on Pinterest now to get some cute ideas for fall decorations!!

    And I'm going to have to remember your idea of setting out cheese & grapes for appetizers when we have company! Something different but still very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do follow me on Pinterest, just BEWARE: I pin alot. It's an addiction lol

      Delete
  8. Well, where do I begin? I just spent the last 20 minutes reading your blog...pretty sure you're gong to be my new bff. I am so proud of you, and I barely even know you! I'm towards the end of my weight loss journey--I've lost 70 lbs and am trying to get the last 20ish lbs off. I've been maintaining for the past 4 months or so but I'm seriously just dying to get to my goal weight. I hit my goal weight (80 lbs lost) but the lbs have crept back on me. I can't wait to keep reading your blog...I needed some motivation tonight and your words definitely did that for me!

    I totally understand where you are coming from with the whole running issue. I want to be a runner SO BADLY but I am just NOT good at it. I completed the Couch to 5K program, ran my 5K, and then stopped running. I'd much rather do the elliptical any day. But I really need to get back out there and get into running again. It was such therapy for me! So glad to "meet" someone else out there who struggles with the same issues. Oh, and I live in Mississippi, so we're fellow Southern girls :)

    Happy Wednesday to you, friend! Thanks for encouraging your readers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for finding me! What an inspiration you are, losing 70 pounds! That's such an accomplishment and I hope to say that I'm there one day. It's so good to meet likeminded people who are trying to do something as hard as losing weight. Sometimes you just need to feel like you're not alone in the battle.

      And a Mississippi girl at that! I truly feel southern girls have a harder time losing weight because we have the BEST food, am I right? lol

      Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you continue you reading. I just read about your journey and you definitely have a new reader in me:)

      Delete