As most of you remember, I ordered a red bikini a few weeks back. Why would I do such a thing?
Operation Red Bikini isn't about bikinis. I know realistically, not every single person will ever feel comfortable in a bikini. Hell, I'm not even positive I will yet. This can be about a pair of shorts. Maybe you have never felt comfortable in shorts above the knee. This summer, though, will be that summer. It can be that summer. Maybe you have never worn a sleeveless shirt. You hate your arms. This summer can be that summer. Operation Red Bikini can be about a one piece. It can be about a pair of jeans that are two sizes smaller than you are in right now. Red Bikini can be about whatever you want it to be.
I am not trying to weigh 120 pounds. I frankly don't feel like I'd look good at that weight anyway. (Plus, I'd have to eat blades of grass and dust to lose that much weight). I just want to feel comfortable and sexy and super duper hot in a two piece bathing suit. I am 25 years old. I feel like I deserve to have a summer (or three) in which I feel like a 25 year old. Carefree, comfortable and happy in my own skin. I've talked before about how even in high school I swam in layers. I stuck out like a sore thumb while all my friends pranced around in skimpy bathing suits while I looked on, jealous. That's over now. My latest girl crush and motivation is Miss Sasha Fierce herself, Beyonce (pronounced bee-yons, because that's how I pronounce it every single time I say it, probably just to be annoying)
I feel like this body type is attainable. She's not stick thin, she's healthy. I feel like I can get there, as long as I continue working hard.
I may or may not have this posted up in my pantry:
Whatever works. Don't judge me!
Ok so now you're thinking to yourself, "you still haven't told us what the f this Red Bikini crap is about. Here are a few of the deets:
1. Leigh Ann and I have started a board on Pinterest that can be found here, full of "Operation Red Bikini" motivation. If you aren't following yet, do so now. We both pin to the board and will eventually pin After photos to the board.We also encourage you to start your own board with this title. If you do, let us know! We'd love to follow along.
2. Once you decide what your goal will be (again, getting into a pair of shorts, a sun dress, a size 10, a bikini, etc.--remember, it can be ANYTHING) comment with it on this post, or email it to me at email@example.com). When the challenge is nearing its end, we will do a link up on both Leigh Ann's and my blog where you can link up with a post you do about your journey to get to your goal, as well as a photo of you in your goal piece.
3. After the link up, all participants will have a week to vote on the best story or transformation. The winner will receive an enormous prize package including some of our favorite fitness-related products. When I say enormous I mean enormous. It will not only include tons of products but it will include plenty of fun summer accessories and goodies that you will all want. Trust me. I want them all. And there will be even more.
4. Follow both Leigh Ann and I on Instagram (if you aren't already) and we will post pictures of some of the prizes every week. So far we've secured some amazing donations from some of our favorite companies. If you have a product or connection to a product you think would be fun to include, let me know!
5. Any time you post a photo on instagram related to the challenge, use the hashtag #operationredbikini. We would like our winner to have been a participant for several months before the end of the competition, so start hashtagging! So far we've posted photos of food, workouts, etc. with this hashtag. There are no rules, as long as it relates somehow!
6. Whatever your goal is, post it somewhere you will see it all the time. I have my bikini hanging outside my closet door. I also have those Bee-yons pictures in my pantry, so it's never far from my mind. Show us where you post it too! Instagram that stuff all ova the place.
7. May 31st will be the last day of the challenge, when the link up will take place. I will of course post several reminders to
annoy you all remind you.
All that being said, please consider participating in this awesome challenge. Not only could you win a GINORMOUS prize pack, but the ultimate prize will be hitting that goal. That goal you always might've had in the back of your mind but never had the push you needed to get it done. This is that push.
Peace, love and red bikinis,