Thursday, August 9, 2012


Happy Thursday readers! Or reader if there’s only one of you…and Happy Thursday to me if I’m the only one who reads this.

Anyway, we’re at the home stretch this week…I can’t wait till Friday at 5:00pm! I’m excited about this weekend because my husband is home. He's only home two weekends a month due to work, so anytime we have the weekends together, we try to fit in a lot of things to do. We don’t have much planned so far, except this gun and knife show he wants to go to. We’re probably going to a shooting range afterward to let him be a boy and shoot stuff. I have a hardworking husband, I can’t lie. He deserves to do whatever he wants! (Plus I must admit I love it too.)


This is one of our engagement pictures. I hate how fat my face looks here but doesn't my hubby look adorable?!

The only downside to this super hot man being home is the effect it has on my diet/exercise. I know that shouldn’t be an excuse, but sometimes it’s hard. The last week he was home we did great. Only ate out once, and we both ordered healthy dishes. It’s not always like that, but I’m trying to get better! He is ex-Air Force so fitness has always been important to him. This summer it’s been hard though because he’s had to work long hours in this Southern heat when he is home from work, so I certainly don’t blame him for not wanting to sweat in the gym after all that. A lot of times when he doesn’t feel like going, neither do I.  I already told him last night (on the phone), that I AM going to the gym tonight. I find when I tell him my plans, it’s a lot harder to get out of them..

Tomorrow I’m going to do a post with some of the foods/meals I’ve been eating. I wanted to do it today but I haven’t gathered enough pictures yet. I want to post lots of pictures on here to spruce things up a little bit.

Today I’m going to post a recipe I kind of threw together for my faaaaavorite protein shake. I drink it about 3-4 times a week when I need to add some cals to my day or if I have a tough work out. It tastes like it’s sooo bad for you, which is probably why I love it ;)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
  • 2 Tbsp. PB2 (a little about PB2, if you have not tried it yet, run to the store now. It’s powdered peanut butter. Gives you all the pb taste without all the fat. I mix it with vanilla greek yogurt and dip apples in it or add it to protein shakes.
  • 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 of a scoop of 100% GoldStandard Vanilla Crème whey (sometimes I keep this out, but I always add it if I am doing an intense gym session. You can use any brand or any flavor, just be careful with protein powder as it can get a little high in calories. I bought mine at GNC)
  • 1 tsp. of cocoa powder
  • ½ frozen banana (I peel my too-ripe bananas, cut them in half and freeze them in a zip-loc bag)
  • ½ glass of crushed ice
  • ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Throw all your ingredients in a blender--I LOVE my Ninja blender--- and blend until the banana and ice are all smooth. This makes a huge glass-full and it’s SO filling. On the mornings I don’t get to work till 10, I’ll eat some egg whites before my work out (I am not one of those gals that can work out on an empty stomach, sorry!) then I make this shake and bring it to work in a cup with a lid. So easy to travel with and keeps me full until lunch. You can change up your ingredients any way you want, but this one tastes like a pb and chocolate shake. It is divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment