Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Let's Talk Tattoos Tuesday Link Up with Mel!

Photobucket
 
Happy Tuesday my good people! Today I am linking up with the ever motivational Melanie! I love this chick, ya'll. She is always there to give me a little e-pat on the back and I have thought about her during many of my grueling runs. When she announced that she was hosting this link up about tattoos, I was super excited because I am one of the few and far between that love my tattoos and don't even regret them one single bit. (Not yet anyway)
 
I got my first tattoo at the ever so popular-tattoo-gettin' age of 21. I got it over spring break, but there's no drunken college kid story here. (I'm not that fun). I went to visit my brother in Nashville for a week and my bro is full of tats. I knew he'd be the perfect person to accompany me. His tattoo artist was out of town but he found out about this tattoo and, get this, horror film convention coming to town that weekend. His hair stylist is also tatted up so she recommended a good artist that would be at the convention so we were all set. I knew what I wanted, I just needed to pick a font. I am a huge nerd Beatles fan, and I wanted a line from one of their lesser known songs on my foot. I wanted to be able to cover it with a flip flop so that's how the placing came about. Looking back, I wish I would've put it a little lower because it shows in business type shoes, but I've never had any employers who had a problem with it. The full line of the song is "Tomorrow may rain, so I will follow the sun". My tattoo has only "so I will follow the sun" because that was simply all that would be able to fit. I also wanted it in Spanish, because at the time I was a Spanish minor and had planned to study abroad that next summer. I was all into Spanish culture. Even though I never completed my Spanish minor, I plan to become fluent one day. The only aggravation is to constantly get "What does it say?" when people notice it. It's a little faded and no one will touch it up because the font is so small, but recently someone told me it looks like a faded hand written letter, so I am just going with that! lol
The picture above was taken by my photographer during my bridals. She noticed it at the end and asked if she could photograph it.
 
 
 
 
My second tattoo is still pretty new. I got this one in July (around the time of my birthday). I always loved this placement, just never had the courage to go through with it. I decided this year was the year, I just wasn't sure exactly what I'd get. I played around with fonts and quotes until one day it hit me. Ya'll are gonna laugh your a-s-s-es off, but I was watching Back Story with LeAnn Rhimes one day and they were discussing this song of hers I had never heard. (Stay with me here). I am not a LeAnn Rhimes fan by any means. No offense if anyone here is a husband-stealin' honey boo boo too, but she never was my cup of tea. This song, though, just changed my mind. It's called "What I cannot Change". Go download that shit. The first time I heard it, tears literally were falling down my face. I heard it at a time where I felt like I needed to hear the words she was singing. I don't feel that way often (except when I am a barrel full of hormones and fun). It drives home the same message as the Serenity Prayer, which I pray on a daily basis. This prayer has gotten me through some dark times, and I have it posted up about anywhere it'll stick-my office, my mirror, my planner, etc. That's when it hit me that this what about the only phrase that I could live with up there on my shoulder. The font was chosen simply because it was the only one that allowed all those words to fit. After several failed attempts at getting it with my husband and two friends (tattoo parlor closing early, artists being booked up, etc) I ended up going alone, on a Tuesday afternoon, and 15 minutes later I was done. I love the way it turned out and sometimes forget it's there. I figure that when I'm 67 years old, I won't be wearing off the shoulder tops anymore, and if I am, I think a tattoo will be the least of my problems.
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I love your tattoos. I don't have any but have always thought about a foot one. I love the serenity prayer too they always say it at AA meetings (my dads an alcoholic) so it has a lot of meaning to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Serenity prayer can relate to each and every person, and any hardships they may be going through. I have always loved it. I get alot of compliments on my foot tattoo. My grandma has even grown to like it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove the placement of your shoulder tattoo. I've been toying with the idea of getting something there. Just need to figure out what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Your tattoos are so beautiful! I've been thinking about one on the shoulder for awhile now... maybe I just need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kassie yours are beautiful. I truthfully have never seen a foot tattoo so gorgeous, dainty, and feminine. I love it:) I also love the placement of your shoulder one - how cool and what a great meaning. I know no L Rhimes fan either but I love the quote. Thanks for linking up chick:) Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both. They are really cool. Also, I love, love, love that Beatles song. It's my favorite one of theirs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice call on the tats! I'm a huge Beatles nerd, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your shoulder tattoo...such a good choice in words!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE you top of the shoulder tattoo!! I've wanted one there for a long time, but don't know what I would put. Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you got sayings tattooed instead of some meaningless nothing! I am not a big tattoo fan, but I like yours and Melanie's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kassie... You probably have my favorite tattoo's-- especially the ones on your shoulder! So pretty and delicate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sure you already know, yours is my favorite too. Probably because in a cage match for Bill, we'd both fight to the death lol..

      Delete
  12. I adore your tattoos!!! The last one is my favorite, that saying has special meaning for me too.....to accept the things I can not change... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I needed it permanently inked on my body to remember it at all times. My mom's first reaction? "You tattoo'd God's name on your body!?@@?!#?"

      Delete