Sunday, October 14, 2012

Southern Girl's Super Skinny Chicken & Veggie Alfredo

Hey ya'll! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Today was super relaxing and wonderful, as yesterday was long and tough. I had a wedding to coordinate with a TON of elements so I was at the venue, literally running around, from 10am till about 11pm. I planned to do a four miler today but my feet were still killing me. Will have to push it off till tomorrow night. I'm two runs behind the group and I'm definitely feeling it! Yikes.

Anyway, tonight I created a new dish based on what I was craving and it turned out even better than expected. I didn't follow a recipe or anything but here is what I did:



Southern Girl's Super Skinny Chicken & Veggie Alfredo
Small spaghetti squash
1 large chicken breast or small package of tenders (I used tenders)
1 cup brocolli
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Diced garlic
Classico Light Alfredo sauce (in jar)

Roast cut up broccoli till lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season to taste, and cook in skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. While chicken is cooking, sautee mushrooms with garlic. I used about 1 Tbsp. of garlic but you can omit or add more, based on your taste. Pierce squash with fork and microwave in 5 minute increments till soft. Shred squash with fork once sliced in half and seeds are removed. If preparing for family, mix all ingredients together, adding enough sauce to be creamy. Season to taste (I used light cajun seasoning and onion powder). Cook on low till sauce is heated through. 

My husband is working this week so it was just me eating. I mixed only enough for one serving. All leftover ingredients can be mixed before eating.  I will definitely be making this dish again! Hope you enjoy:)

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! That looks good. Glad you had a relaxing day. Until Next Time, Shauna {www.shaunawyrick.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that sounds SO DELISH! I can't wait to try more recipes of spaghetti squash...it's so fun to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge fan. This was only my second time using it but I'm in love. 40 something calories a cup? Sign me up!

      Delete
  3. I can not wait to try this! I saw the picture on your instagram and was hoping you'd blog it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious, I still haven't tried spaghetti squash, I need to do that and this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not wait to try this! I have a spagehtti squash in my fridge that's now been ear marked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought to refrigerate them. Duh! Now they'll last longer:)

      Delete
  6. oh man- I miss alfredo sauce. That is one of my old fatty fav's... what a fun way to lighten it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you don't have to go without! This Classico one is only 45 calories per 1/4 a cup and with a little seasoning it is DELISH!

      Delete